UK is now accepting CE compliance information permanently for certain product categories. Please kindly review the information released by GOV.UK.
The government intends to extend recognition of the CE marking for placing most goods on the market in Great Britain, indefinitely, beyond December 2024. These updates apply to the 18 regulations that fall under the Department for Business and Trade (DBT). These are:
- recreational craft and personal watercraft
- simple pressure vessels
- electromagnetic compatibility
- non-automatic weighing instruments
- measuring instruments
- measuring container bottles
- equipment for potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX)
- radio equipment
- pressure equipment
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- gas appliances
- equipment for use outdoors
- low voltage electrical equipment
There are different rules for medical devices, construction products, cableways, transportable pressure equipment, unmanned aircraft systems, rail products, marine equipment and ecodesign. The relevant departments covering these sectors either have communicated, or will communicate, plans in due course.
Related link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-ukca-marking.
BACL is more than happy to support your compliance needs. If you would like to discuss more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.