Quality Assurance Manager
Bay Area Compliance Laboratories Corp. is an independent testing, consulting, certification and regulatory approvals management firm.
We provide services in the areas of: Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Radio communications, Telecommunications, Product Safety, Lighting and Energy Efficiency.
Essential Duties for Quality Assurance Manager:
- Creates, develops, maintains and audits the internal procedures in compliance with BACL’s quality system
- Reviews the Quality Assurance Manuals, Procedures and Forms to assure the quality system is adequately documented as defined in the quality standards
- Reviews, revises changes of quality documents as needed
- Ensures the ISO 17025 and ISO 17065 Quality Systems are implemented, maintained, audited and effective
- Represents and is chief respondent for BACL during external audits for ISO 17025, ISO 17065, and for client supplier approval
- Performs internal audits annually; performs root-cause analysis of quality issues; reviews corrective actions taken, determines if corrective actions were effective and reports results
- Provides Quality related support and direction to Engineering, Administration, CS and AE teams
- Maintains and improves Quality System documentation and competency level of BACL’s staff through training
- Performs periodic and “one time” internal audits and provides additional input for management reviews
- Assists with managing and documenting the Corrective and Preventive Action Processes
- Ensures that Corrective Actions and (when applicable) Preventive Actions are taken, and then evaluated
- for their effectiveness in addressing the problems and/or deficiencies or opportunities for improvement
- Arranges for the acquisition of all required Standards, and for placing those Standards on the Management Server so that they are available to all employees for use
- Improves technical skills in areas relating to testing and product certification through formal training, OJT, and self-study
- Ability to interact and communicate with various domestic and international regulatory bodies
- Performs root-cause analysis of quality issues
- Primary point of contact for all internal and external quality related issues
- Works with the Documentation Control department personnel to ensure the technical and administrative quality of Test Reports and product certification documents
- Understands and follows the BACL Quality System
Education, Experience, Skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- BS/BA degree [Hiring preference will be given to those applicants that have a degree in any of the following disciplines/majors/specializations: Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science]
- Intermediate skill level and experience with MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills conducive to team development; ability to work effectively at all levels and across functions within an organization
Technical Knowledge (To be acquired over a 5-year period through training and study after hiring).
- Will need to acquire advanced knowledge of Quality Management Standards (e.g., ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17065)
- Will need to acquire advanced knowledge of BACL’s Quality Management System;
- Will need to acquire detailed knowledge of a variety Regulatory Requirements and Test Standards;
- Will need to acquire detailed knowledge of a variety of Product Certification Scheme requirements.
- Paid company holidays
- Paid vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k eligibility