Quality Assurance Manager
Bay Area Compliance Laboratories Corp. is an independent testing, consulting, certification and regulatory approvals management firm.
We provide services in the areas of: Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Radio communications, Telecommunications, Product Safety, Lighting and Energy Efficiency.
The QA manager develops, implements and directs quality assurance programs meeting the requirements of ISO 17025, ISO 17065, and other applicable standards. They are in administration of different industry certification, registration and programs by the company. They implement procedures and verify adherence to by personnel through department managers. They are responsible for informing department managers and upper management any quality deficiencies found in their department and guiding them for root cause analysis and corrective action. They also collaborate with the department managers and upper management to implement solutions for continual improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below
- Responsible to establish and enact quality assurance procedures and methodologies throughout the BACL’s internal processes. QA managers assess current procedures and develop new solutions to enhance quality control, frequently working with other leaders to enact and improve these procedures
- Direct and coordinate quality and lab / facility personnel, instructing them on new or revised procedures and systems and providing oversight during the QA process. May directly assist with these processes and work closely with team members to ensure that they are correctly utilizing QA methodologies and systems. They also take corrective actions when they identify issues on the team.
- Represent and is chief respondent for coordinating external audits by regulatory bodies and third parties and coordinate responses to applicable audit findings. Leading / participating in company’s internal audit program including planning, implementation, report generation, corrective action issuance to closure
- Serving as the process owner and subject matter expert for key elements of the QMS including Complaint Handling; identify and implement training needed on key elements of the QMS to meet quality standards.
- Executing projects and completing other duties as assigned
- Understanding and following BACL Quality System
- A bachelor’s degree in a field such as quality assurance, Engineering, Science or a related field
- 5 or more years of experience in maintaining a quality assurance program meeting the requirements of ISO 17025.
- Experience with maintaining ISO 17065 or equivalent regulations is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate institutional policies and procedures clearly with Effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work constructively across all functions of the organization, with both internal and external customers
- Strong team management and leadership skills
- Synthesizes complex information; able to strategize, define and articulate clear role expectations and direction
- Sound organizational and multi-tasking skills
- May require domestic and international travel (10-25%)
- Paid company holidays
- Paid vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k eligibility