Responsibility and Limitation:
- Good understanding of regulatory, national and international Safety standards in our accreditation and is able to articulate them to internal and external customers.
- Experience evaluating and testing to harmonized standards such as 60601-1, 62368-1, 61010-1 and 60950-1 for NRTL and CB Certification.
- Familiar with test instruments, test methods, test procedures and test setups.
- Ability to analyze each test and be able to assess test results.
- Write test reports with excellent quality.
- Must stay updated with current and forthcoming construction and testing requirements
- Under minimal supervision, independently manages execution and timely completion of projects in multiple product safety and energy efficiency categories by analyzing project scope and determining project specifications.
- May have Review Signature Authority responsible for initial review, status review, and final review for certain product categories.
- Perform tasks for Safety and Energy Star such as documentation review, testing, inspection and audit in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, being able to interface well with both internal and external customers.
- Provide project testing status to BACL’s project team and the customer
- Meet project schedules and deadlines.
- Assists and reports to the Dept. Manager to ensure product compliance with national and international safety and Energy Efficiency and Lighting Program (EELP) regulatory standards and requirements.
- Assists and reports to the Dept. Manager to provide technical support to Sales, customers and other departments in BACL
- Understands and follows the BACL Quality System, procedures and work instructions
- May participate in reviewing the work of other staff.
Education and Experience:
- BS, preferably 5-10 years of safety experience.
- Work experience in safety engineering or related fields,
- Knowledge of safety regulatory standards and test methods
Applicants with prior product safety experience with Laboratory, ITE. Lighting or Medical products have better chance of success.